Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 27, 2014 & Picture

Our District!! Elders: Me, Robinson, Song Gyun-Won, and Ely.
Sisters: Kim Yoon-Ha and Johnson 
We are eating Boo-Deh Chee-Geh, a soup that soldiers made during the war out of the leftover scraps of the american's meat (spam, hotdogs, etc) and their Kimchi and other native ingredients. Very spicy and delicious! They eat it boiling hot! ^^ Elder Robinson makes it in our house, but sometimes we go to this restaurant as a district and eat. Super Super good! I am hungry now... ^^
Yaaah!!! I hit my year mark this week!!! Where did my time go??? It feels like only a few weeks, since I was at Philmont with all ya'll, and then the MTC and then the blur of missionary life. It surprises me how fast time goes, even when I keep my eye on it. I've heard it said that the days are long but the weeks are fast as a missionary, but now my days are fast and the weeks are faster! Why?? ^^ I don't want to leave this. I have learned too much.

What I have learned is less the things that can be explained with words, but more the kind of things that take experiencing it firsthand and practicing. I have learned how to open my mouth and speak, even if I don't know what to say. I have learned how Alma felt when people wouldn't listen to his message. I have learned a little more patience, maybe not with myself, but with others. I am learning how to live with someone different than me in a peaceful and happy way (still not perfect at that). Other things include: study habits, time management, shopping and cooking and cleaning, how to sleep fast, and eat hot food faster. ^^ Among the biggest things I have learned or am learning is how to love. I still feel like I have made little progression since the MTC, but it is some improvement. It isn't easy for me to love people I don't know well, and whom I may not be with for long. But I have learned to recognize that God would have me love all men, regardless of how much I know about them. That's another big thing I have learned: What God expects of me. It's a high order to fill, but as I learn how to act, speak, love according to His commandment, He helps me learn more and faster and deeper than I even have before. And that is why I don't want to leave this time of intense pressure that elevates me to higher and higher heights than I have before imagined. But, I still have a few days more than a year to enjoy and put my back into this working time. And of course all the time after the mission. ^^ So, mostly I am learning how to learn, and preparing to progress for the rest of my life and beyond.

May the Lord keep and bless you and grant you the same progress-stimulating experiences that He allows me to have here in Korea doing the work of Salvation. There is always something to be done, whether to make ourselves better or to help someone else find the eternal path to perfection through Christ. Let's not waste a moment!
Love,
Elder "D" Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment