Monday, December 30, 2013

December 29th Email & pictures

메리 크리스마스 (Merry Christmas) everyone!
It's been a while. Sorry I haven't had time to write the Big Email the last few weeks... I know you were all just dying to hear from me! haha
 
Anyway, This last week has been excellent! It was Christmas! We had an excellent Mission Conference and had some great training, as well as some fun times with the other missionaries serving here in Seoul South. President Morisse talked a lot about being Messengers of Joy, and that has become sort of a new watchword or theme for me. I am so blessed to be entrusted with the Gospel, which blesses my life, and I have been given with that Gospel a responsibility and ability to share it with those who don't have it. It has been amazing how well the Lord has helped me incorporate this theme into my missionary life. I have been so joyful ever since, and have seen so many more miracles when talking to people. The best part is, I know that you all are messengers of Joy, too. Even if you're not a full-time missionary right now, God has given you the same blessing, responsibility, and ability to share these Glad Tidings of Great Joy! Let's be His hands in moving this work forward.
 
So, we had P-day on Christmas day this week, and the conference all day Tuesday, so this week has gone by faster than usual. It could just be "Missionary-Time", though. I am approaching the 3-month-in-country mark, and I still feel like I just got here last week. But, we have hastened the work a little bit in this area during my 3 months here.

We have a great Progressing Investigator, 박준규 (Park Joon-Gyoo), who is 20 years old and working a parttime job. He started off as english interest, but as we teach he gets more and more involved in and excited about the Gospel portion. We have been blessed with him, and we now have a Baptismal Date with him. However, He stil has a long way to go as far as preparation. But, he is keeping commitments, came to church with us once, and has a great understanding of how the Gospel is the way to "perfect happiness", in his words. We will meet him this week again, teach about some of the commandments and invite him to come to church every week with us. Wish us luck, and even better, pray for him!

We have met with lots of Potential investigators lately, and because our days are packed with meetings, we have been having a great time. We have 2 appointments today, both with potentials. Very excited!
So, some funny stories of this week: We got yelled at by our bishop (not really, just scolded a little bit) because the other Elders left a pizza and a bunch of trash in our meeting room that our ward is renting until our Church building gets done with construction in late February.

Then, when it snowed a lot, and there was lots of Ice, we were sliding on the way home, and I totally ate it and landed flat on my back! It knocked the wind out of me, and I couldn't breath for a minute. Neither could my companion, Elder Oman, because he was laughing so hard!

Also, one of the Potential investigators we visited turns out to be a member! We had to make a different lesson plan on the fly, but I think it went well, and now we're good friends with him and his family. He is a recent convert named 양일선 (Yang Ir-Sun).
 
I can't believe that this next week is 2014!!! I hope you all have a great New Year, and with this new year make a new plan to be a Messenger of Joy in whatever situation you find yourself. It is my testimony that as you really try with concentrated, continual effort to engage in the work of the Lord, He will grant unto you more miracles than you have seen before. I love this quote from Pres. Henry B. Eyring: "You cannot give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf in return." This is the way to improve ourselves. Give the Lord all you can, and He will give more capacity. We can then give even more back to Him!

I know my Redeemer lives, and I am ever grateful for this Christmas season because it allowed me to focus more on the Author and Finisher of my faith, and to recommit myself to His service. I have made it my New years resolution to keep the Spirit of CHRISTmas with me all year round, for the next 2 and ever after.
I love you all, and I love hearing from you! Have a happy New Year, and may the blessings of the Lord be with you! Be His hands! ^^
 
Elder Wilcox

Christmas Package from Home:)

With Elder Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment