Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 15th Email

I am indeed happy and well! The weather has turned cold and snowy, and I feel like a little kid again, playing in the snow! Haha so great! Your coat is excellent, so I am fine.

I think the only advice I can give to Preston now is to push hard, and always give full effort! I thought this "Race would be a 2-mile, long enough to find your stride, but it really is more like a mile! It goes by so fast! I have already been out almost 5 months, which is basically 1 lap outta 4 in my mission life! I can't believe it! I know he will push hard, because he's learned well how to. Just trust in the Lord and give your energy to His guidance, and have fun! It is truly the best time of your life! ^^ Tell him to email me, or you give me his email when he goes in. So exciting! ^^

I don't know what we will do for Christmas Day, because that's our P-day, and we haven't planned anything yet. Probably a zone-wide activity, though! ^^ Christmas eve from 11 AM to 7 PM is Mission Christmas Conference, and we will be caroling! I get to be in the Choir for it, too! I am soo excited!!! ^^ I feel like I have gotten to know President and Sister very well already. I love being close enough to our mission office that I can see them a lot! ^^

Our investigators are doing well; 

The Language is still as hard as ever, but now I have reached the point where I can (usually) comfortably converse on the street with people, but it really depends on the day and the person I talk to. Something that helps is that I read aloud from the BoM every day after I shower, and I feel like God blesses my tongue. A prophet said if we read the Book of Mormon in our mission language, we will master it, so I am banking on that promise! On my current pace, I should finish about 1-2 months before my mission ends. Sweet, huh? Everyone I talk to is very surprised at how quickly I have learned, but honestly, it is the Lord, not me. He has blessed me to have the mind for this language. It's still a work in progress, but with His help I can do it. ^^


I love you guys so very much!!! I cannot wait to talk to you next week! Have a merry Christmas, and let the Spirit of Christ enter your hearts.
Love you all, again! ^^
 
Elder "D" Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment