Monday, September 8, 2014

September 7th Email Highlights :)

Things are awesome in Anseong with Greenie miracles! We have a baptismal date.

Elder Jensen extended 3 baptismal commitments this week! What a stud!!! Who's his trainer? Oh, yeah... haha! ^^ He is still super dedicated and very patient with me. I don;t really speak English anymore, because President is worried about too many less-than-capable Korean speakers, so we are all picking up the SYL . My companion loves it! He's gonna such a great Korean speaker and missionary! ^^
 
We've also been blessed to pick up a lady from the sister missionaries who closed this transfer. She is super golden!! She read the Restoration pamphlet we gave her and prayed about our message (before we could even teach! WE had just introduced our lesson and did How to Begin Teaching in Preach My Gospel) and then said God started helping her remember things like scriptures and hymns from her religious childhood that she has long since forgotten. She said that was the answer, and she thinks our message is true. We gave her a Book of Mormon (we try to introduce it and set times to study it together before just giving it out to anyone) because that's where our message is! She seemed super excited to read it. Now the trouble is, we need one of our ward members to come teach her with us cuz she's a lady. We have met the past 2 times in public places, but I still feel like she needs a fellowshipper and to come to the church for a lesson. Please pray for her and for Chan-Shik Park's family (our branch mission leader) to have time to meet her and help her progress! ^^ Thanks.

Today is Korean Thanksgiving, Chu-Seok! That means that everyone is gone from the streets and is visiting their families so we cant' meet them, even members. 

We are gonna meet a less active family every week in family Home Evening and teach them the lessons. But nothing will change until they realize that while they have been struggling, they aren't completely trusting God yet by putting him first. I was stressed after the lesson cuz I can't speak as fluently or clearly as I want, but I realized that I had shared scriptures and bore testimony, and directed them to the words of the prophets to learn for themselves, and that's all I am commissioned to do.   I will continue to help this family, and your prayers would be appreciated.  I realize how blessed we are in our family, to know the gospel and have so many faithful members around us to help if we are in need. Hard to do that in a branch with only 20 people on a good Sunday, all living far away from each other! I will do my part in this Branch of Zion to give these poor travelers rest and hope by leading them to drink from Christ's fountain!

Anyway, busy times here in the middle of nowhere! I love this town!^^

I am still great and LOVING the work! Nothin better anywhere! ^^
 
The food is WONDERFUL!!! In Anseong, we get lots of fresh produce cuz this is farmland. This is a 풍년, a year of plenty, for fruit! So our fridge is packed with delicious apples, grapes, and bananas. ^^ The food we eat everyday is Korean food I have learned to cook, mostly rices and spicy soups. YUM!!

Have a great week and be safe! Love you!
 
Elder "D" Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment