Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August 31, 2014 Email



Hello, Everyone! Long time no email! Sorry about that... ^^
 
As you can tell from the subject bar, I have a "Son"! My New Missionary's name is Elder Kyle Jensen from Richmond, Utah. He graduated from Skyline High and will turn 19 next week. He is a super dedicated and ready-to-work-hard missionary, which means he fits well with me. We are diving into Korean, teaching, inviting, and otherwise mission life headfirst, and he's taken it magnificently. I am so extremely excited to help this Messenger of Joy learn the ropes and improve himself through this marvelous work of Salvation.
 
In other news, the work in Anseong, Korea is hastening for us. We have been blessed with a former investigator that wants to learn again, and we have been teaching him completely from the Book of Mormon. He has had problems with it in the past, but now it is starting to make sense that God would bless the world with more of his word. His name is Jung-Hoon, for those who want to put him in their prayers. ^^ Also, our wheelchair-riding investigator is still struggling with memory problems, so please put "Jong-Sun" in your prayers, too.
 
Our "Anseong Family" district came to an end this last week with the new transfer. Our sister missionaries, who worked really hard and suffered a lot for the Savior's name here in Anseong, were assigned to different areas and there arent enough sister missionaries in our mission to keep their area open. Also, my last companion, Elder Robinson, went to my last area, Shingal, and Elder Song, our Korean, went to Seoul. Since we dont feel like a "family" without the special spirit that sisters bring, we are now reduced to the Anseong Brotherhood, name courtesty of Elder Ely of the Elders #2. But, despite the tough goodbyes and empty feeling, we are ready to pour our heart might mind and strength into our Branch and strengthen it in anyway we can! All 4 of us elders are ready to work hard and sweat it out in this the last part of the Korean Summer.
 
I just want to share with you all how much I love this work and this opportunity I have to serve my Father here as a missionary. I have learned more in the last 13 months than I ever have before, and I still have such a long way to go! There is never a boring moment, because there is always work to be done. This work is becoming my work and my glory, as it is for our Father. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts and love. Keep on hastening yourselves in this work! Feel the FIRE!!!! ^^
 
Love,
 
Elder Wilcox
 
Pic: Elder Jensen and I this morning! Time for a Hike! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment