Friday, August 16, 2013

MTC Pictures

Elders Wilcox & Newbold- MTC Companions

MTC District

 August 16, 2013 Email Letter

Name Tag!!!!
I have been having so many awesome experiences, that I probably can't remember them all. But I will try.
Elder Richard G. Scott spoke at our Tuesday devotional. He spoke powerfully on the subject of prayer. He also bestowed an apostolic blessing on the missionaries that are learning new languages. It was so powerful.
I got to bear my testimony to my district about the Atonement and the Book of Mormon (in English). As i spoke, the spirit bore witness to me that what I was saying was true, and I really did feel to sing the son of redeeming love, as Alma puts it. That is something that I do not always feel, but I hope that I can always feel it.
I have come closer to God in my personal study, and as we have learned about sharing the gospel in class. I love that part of my day, where I can just sit there with my scriptures for an hour, and just feel the spirit teach me. I am about to finish Alma. Good stuff, and so many insights. One that I remember was when I read in chapter 57 about how all of the Stripling warriors were wounded, but none were killed. I feel like I have been wounded a few times here, but God has healed me through the Atonement of His Son, Jesus Christ. I am coming to know my savior and my God so much better here!
That is awesome that you've been having missionary experiences. I have been praying for you guys to have them every night. Looks like God is answering them.
Tell Jake that I am impresses with his running! I knew it was all about the watch. It probably runs for him, too. Haha!
Tell Jed Congratulations, and wish Grandma and Martin good luck!

Tell everybody good luck with school, and I will be praying for you each by name every night. I love you all so very much!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment