Monday, October 13, 2014

October 12, 2014 I've got an investigator the size of a tank --

Hello Everybody! Another week has come and gone here in Anseong, Gyeonggi-Do, South Korea!

The subject bar has reference to Do-Gwon, our investigator of about a month. Elder Robinson and I met him one day by a bus stop, and he talked to us for about an hour. Later, Elder Jensen and I call him and set up an appointment, meet, and find out that he's a strong believer of Christ, and is sick of Korean churches and their members who don't practice what they preach. He lived in America for a few years as a kid, but forgot a good deal of english. So, he communicates in a strange mix. Fun! He enjoys talking about fights he's seen and clubs he's been to, and loves America. He loves Jesus Christ more. He has been coming out to church for the past 3 weeks, including yesterday when we watched General Conference. We set a baptismal date with him for the 26th of this month. He loves our church because of the genuine friendship of its members, and its emphasis on Jesus Christ. He wants to make it a part of his life. And he likes meeting american missionaries.^^
We taught him the Word of Wisdom on a prompting yesterday after conference, and we think he'll keep on following the savior. He is about as big as a collegiate football athlete, though more fat-to-muscle ratio. Anyway, he's bigger than most Koreans, due to his healthy (or unhealthy?) appetite for American food. Personally, I like the veggie-rich Korean food better. ^^ So that's why I wrote about him in the subject bar. Cool guy!

We watched conference this weekend! It was wonderful!! I hope you all got as much out of it as I did, which was soo much. It felt like every talk was given to me to help me in some way, whether it was to point out a course change in my life or a talk given to me with my investigators' names on it. It also stood out to me how the prophets are really just missionaries! We all teach the same doctrine, the same lessons. It's the Gospel of Christ!^^ I have a strengthened testimony of the Prophets as God's servants and mouthpieces here on earth. Christ leads this church through them.

Anyway, I have been spiritually uplifted and recharged, and with this energy I will shine my light and invite others to come and see what I have come to see and know. My testimony has been strengthened, my doubts and fears removed, and I am peaceful in the knowledge that I have of my Savior and His gospel. I feel, as did the boy in Elder Bednar's talk at the end of Conference, that I want to seek out my friends and share the cleansing, soothing, strengthening power of the Atonement with them. Now that I am a little better in the language, I can seek and take those opportunities to teach, testify, invite in everyday situations. And I feel excited! I am so grateful for our Church leaders, and Master who guides them and us.

I can't remember who said it, but it was mentioned in Conference that missionaries are simply disciples of Christ who testify and witness of Him and invite others to come to Him and see. So, that should include all of us! I can testify that there is nothing more important than sharing and living this Gospel, and that God is raining opportunities to share it and live it if we just pray and ask him to show us them and help us take them. He does it for me, and He will do it for you. Ask, Seek, Knock. You shall receive, find, and opportunities and blessings shall be opened unto you. I testify of that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love you all! Have a great week, wherever you are and know as I do that all is well in the peaceful current of Christ's Gospel! Take care, go hard, have fun, be safe, remember who you are! ^^

Elder Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment